Friday, June 21, 2013

My best home remedies part 1

I have people ask all the time: "April, I am having a huge issue with ________!  What should I do????" I have facebook friends who post questions that need help and I always have people thanking me for my more 'natural' solution that helps or allows the body to heal itself vs. the pharmaceutical companies getting a little richer.

With the sunny slightly breezy days we have had I decided to talk about my favorite allergy  remedies. The first one is....... LOCAL HONEY AND CINNAMON. Seems a little simple, right? Well it is. They key is good ingredients, so I don't recommend the standard grocery store stuff. Find a good cinnamon, I use one from Indonesia. It is c/o and it is good!!!!! The I use any honey I get from the local farmers markets.

The key with this mixture is it puts the LOCAL allergens back into your system. And as you know if you have ever had an allergy issues it is the LOCAL allergens that are getting you. This is the whole principle of homeopathy. Not sure what that is? The basic explanation is a little of what makes you sick to make you better. FROM NATURE!!!! (so don't confuse what I am saying to what the pharma companies tell you about vaccines.)

The recipe 1T local honey to 1/2t cinnamon, mix and eat. If it is weird to you add it to hot water, hot tea (no sugar in the tea)  or cut up a lovely apple and dip. You see this makes it so easy to give your kids as well. Do this 3-5 times a day and withing a day or two you should be good to go. This also works when you are starting a cold! Same procedure and it will help clean you right up.

My next favorite thing to keep allergies away, you know the saying about an ounce of prevention..... BEE POLLEN. About a year ago I started taking bee pollen on a semi regular basis (once a week in a smoothie), needless to say this spring I have not had any allergy attacks.

Now you have to figure there is a reason I know about all of these allergy relieving things, right? Literally just take 1t of the pollen and add it to a smoothie, or sprinkle over yogurt filled with your favorite fruit. Here is interesting info from Dr. Leo Conway, M.D of Denver Colorado. He reported that 94 percent of his patients were completely free from allergy symptoms once treated with oral feeding of pollen. Everything from asthma to allergies to sinus problems were cleared, confirming that bee pollen is wonderfully effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases.


Keep in mind one of the things I AM allergic to is bee sting. So when I started taking the pollen I introduced it at a very small amount and increased each time I took it. I did not want to trigger an allergic reaction and all has been fine. If you are uncertain for yourself or anyone in your family I would recommend you trying it out the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment